Are you looking for a delicious little snack that contains protein, your kids will love and is great fro your gut health? Look no further than Kombucha Protein Probiotic Gummies! These tasty treats are packed with the goodness of kombucha, protein (from the gelatin), and probiotics, making them the ultimate gut-boosting snack. Be careful though not all gelatine is created equal, make sure you use a high quality product. I have linked the product that I use in the ingredients section.
What are Kombucha Protein Probiotic Gummies?
Kombucha Protein Probiotic Gummies are a unique combination of two popular health trends: kombucha and protein gummies. Kombucha, a fermented tea, is known for its probiotic properties that promote a healthy gut. On the other hand, protein gummies are a convenient and tasty way to supplement your protein intake.
Why are they good for your gut?
These gummies are a powerhouse of gut-friendly ingredients. Kombucha is rich in beneficial bacteria that support a healthy digestive system. Probiotics, which are live bacteria and yeasts, further enhance the gut health benefits of these gummies.
Benefits of Kombucha Protein Probiotic Gummies
1. Great Addition to Lunchboxes: Such a great healthy addition to your minis lunch box! They think they are getting lollies! Especially if you have cute little moulds to use, that the kids will absolutely love. I thought I would add a little link to the lunch box inserts that I use and purchased from amazon! Just as a little side note; If you're based in NZ, there's free shipping if you purchase $80 of products or more on amazon!
2. Enhanced Nutrient Absorption: A healthy gut allows for better absorption of nutrients from the food you eat.
3. Boosted Immunity: Probiotics can help support a strong immune system.
4. Increased Energy: The protein in these gummies provides a sustained energy boost, keeping you more fuelled than its sugary equivalent gummy!
5. Convenient and Delicious: Kombucha Protein Probiotic Gummies are a convenient and enjoyable way to support your gut & immune health + it's a pretty fun activity to do with the kids if you're bored.
Anyway let's get into this super-easy recipe!
- 4tbsp of Gelatin
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 1 cup of Kombucha ( I used the remedy mango passion flavour) +1/3 cup for blooming gelatin
- 2 scoops of metagenics probiotic powder (this is a practitioner prescribed product) I can help with this if you require it, otherwise any probiotic powder will suffice. You could even open a couple of capsules if you have them.
1. Bloom gelatin in 1/3 cup of water of kombucha
2. Slowly heat orange juice in a pot with a thermometer. You do not want this to get too hot, otherwise you will destroy the bacteria in the pooch plus powder. I use a thermomix and heat the liquid to 37 degrees. Add the bloomed gelatin and wait for it to completely dissolve.
3. Once bloomed gelatin has dissolved you can pop your liquid into your moulds. (kids loved this)
4. Pop your moulds into the fridge or freezer to set. I store mine in the freezer, that way the last longer and pop them into the girls lunch box. They will be gummy like texture once they are ready to eat them.
There you have it a super simple recipe that the kids and you, will love.
nb **affiliate links are contained within this document**