Healthier Wild Strawberry LCM bars are the perfect addition to your child's lunch box or after school snack! I've added @nuzest kids strawberry wild strawberry powder to our recipe, making these bars a great source of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. The delicious wild strawberry flavor is sure to please! This is a slightly adapted recipe from the nuzest website. I have swapped out coconut oil for butter so that the bars are suitable for a lunch box snack. If you wanted to make this snack a little more protein rich, add some nuzest wild strawberry CLP.
- 4 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup (or maple syrup or honey works well too)
- 2 serves Nuzest Vanilla Caramel Kids Good Stuff
- 125g of butter
- Sprinkles (optional)
1. Line a square tin (20cm x 20cm) with baking paper. Set aside.
2. Place the rice bubbles, Nuzest Kids Good Stuff, syrup and melted butter into a large bowl and mix together until well combined. The rice bubbles should be coated in the honey and butter!
3. Pour the mixture into the pre-prepared tin and press down firmly. It is important that the mixture is packed down firmly so that the bars don’t crumble when you slice them.
A tip for pressing the mixture down firmly into the tin, is to place a piece of baking paper down over the slice and use your hand or a smaller tin to press the mixture down firmly.
4.Place into the fridge to set for 3-4 hours or overnight. Remove from the fridge and cut into bars immediately with a sharp knife.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Check out nuzest if you would like to purchase Kids good stuff. Using the vanilla caramel is also a great combination for this snack! They have a mid-winter clearance running at the moment! 25-30% kids good stuff! Yay!! Link below